The Ni Hao textbooks feature a wide range of situational settings and vocabulary to encourage students to practice Chinese in everyday activities. Each lesson presents conversations as illustrated scripts that facilitate role-playing and help students put their communicative skills into action. Engaging additional sections clearly explain new vocabulary and language usage, character stroke order, and Chinese culture. Songs, rhymes, tongue twisters, cartoons, stories, and interesting features of Chinese characters tie the lessons together and make learning fun.
Each Ni Hao textbook includes a free download of the Ni Hao Language Lab Textbook Edition (Lab TE). The software includes recordings of the pronunciation practice, dialogues and readings, vocabulary, and common phrases sections from each lesson in the textbook. Students can also record their own voice to compare pronunciation.
The Ni Hao series includes textbooks, workbooks, and teacher's handbooks as well as great supplements like audio CDs and games software.
In this Series
- The series uses Chinese characters from the beginning to reinforce reading and writing skills.
- Pinyin appears above Chinese characters as a pronunciation guide; as students learn more and more characters, the pinyin for previously learned characters is omitted.
- Students learn to read various print fonts and handwritten scripts by working with authentic printed and handwritten materials.
- The four-volume series introduces over 500 written characters, and many more vocabulary words and phrases.
- This series is available in either traditional or simplified characters. A Chinese-English appendix at the back of each textbook includes both character forms.