Integrated Chinese, Level 1, Part 1, Teacher's Handbook
Yuehua Liu, Tao-chung Yao, Nyan-Ping Bi, Yeah-Fen Chen, Liangyan Ge, Yaohua Shi
A guide to teaching Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part 1, this book includes general information on teaching Integrated Chinese and teaching Chinese, suggested lesson plans and classroom activities for each lesson, answers to the workbook exercises, sample syllabi, recommended online teaching resources and supplementary quizzes and tests for each lesson. Most content (lesson by lesson teaching guides) is in Chinese only, with English section headings. Frontmatter and sample tests and quizzes are bilingual.
- Lesson-by-lesson guide to teaching Integrated Chinese Level 1 Part 1, with tips on teaching specific characters, vocabulary, grammar and pronunciation
- Tips on teaching Chinese in general, including strategies to engage students, ways to reinforce previously learnt material, and suggestions for innovative online resources
- Sample syllabi for differently paced courses
- Answers to the workbook exercises
- Supplementary quizzes and tests
- Includes FREE online resources: electronic versions of sample syllabi, quizzes and tests in Simplified and Traditional, and more
Introduction to Integrated Chinese
Integrated Chinese, the leading introductory Chinese textbook at colleges and universities around the world, offers comprehensive instruction and an array of print and digital options. With content organized into 10 engaging lessons per volume, Level 1 Parts 1 and 2 feature flexible pacing, communicative activities, up-to-date vocabulary, and extensive cultural notes. An exciting storyline links all dialogues and readings. Level 2, with 10 lessons in each volume, includes exercises in each lesson, and accommodates flexibility in teaching schedules.
With an emphasis on practicing a broad range of written and verbal communication skills and building cultural understanding, Integrated Chinese is ideally suited for students who want a comprehensive grounding in the Chinese language. Coordinated practice develops students' listening, speaking, reading, and writing and builds proficiency in using the Chinese language in a variety of real-life situations. Throughout the series, Integrated Chinese incorporates the three modes of communication—interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational—and ACTFL's "Five Cs' : Communication, Culture, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities.
The Integrated Chinese series is a two-year course that includes textbooks, eBooks, workbooks, character workbooks, online workbooks, audio CDs, and teacher's handbooks. Materials are available in both simplified and traditional character versions.
Extensive resources to expand instruction are available at http://www.cheng-tsui.com/integratedchinese/